January 7th & 8th at 6:30pm
January 9th at 6:30pm
Directed by: Alexandra Shaw
Stage Manager: Andrea Guzman
Choreographer: Amy Selman
Music Director: David Corkill
March 11th- April 10th, 2022 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday shows.
* It is recommended that you are familiar with the show music prior to auditions.
1. Music Audition- Our Music Director, David Corkill, will check the vocal range of each participant (high/low) and will teach a short selection from the show. Talent should be prepared to learn and sing the piece. Please come prepared with your voice warmed-up prior to the audition. Be willing to learn and have fun with it!
2. Dance Audition- Our Choreographer, Amy Selman, will teach a short dance combination. Talent should be prepared to learn in a large group and then perform the combination in a smaller group. We expect to see dancers of all skill levels. Give it your best and sell it!
1. Music Audition- If selected for a callback, talent will be asked to prepare a song for a particular part. Again, perfection is not expected. We will want to see your interpretation of the character through the song and your ability to sing the required vocal range.
2. Acting Audition- If selected for a callback, talent will be given a “side” to perform at the audition. No preparation required.
3. Dance Audition- TBD
WHAT TO WEAR:
First impressions are important. Clothing should be comfortable and help you stand out. We want to see how you look on stage at your best. Hair and make-up should be tasteful and age appropriate. Dance shoes are recommended. Only wear character heels if you are comfortable learning new material in them. You can change shoes between vocal and dance auditions.
WHAT TO BRING:
1. List of Conflicts- NO SHOWS or Tech Week Rehearsals can be missed. Conflicts will be taken into consideration during casting consideration. Be honest. Conflicts brought up after casting can result in dismissal from the cast or recasting. This is at the discretion of the production team.
2. Water bottle
3. Printed and completed Audition Form
4. Resume and Headshot (Not required)
5. Smile and positive attitude!
Robbie Hart- The lead singer of a band. Handsome and charismatic. A truly 'nice' guy that has the classic lead singer aura and personality. Also a bit of a dreamer. In love with love until Linda leaves him at the altar and breaks his heart. Gender: Male Age: 25 to 35 Vocal range top: C6 bottom: B3
Sammy- The bass player in the wedding band and one of Robbie's best friends. A total guy's guy, but beneath his pretending to love being a bachelor he is actually in love with Holly. Gender: Male Age: 25 to 35 Vocal range top: A5 bottom: C4
George- The wedding band's keyboardist and one of Robbie's best friends. Sensitive and somewhat flamboyant. The foil to Sammy's super guy attitude. Gender: Male Age: 25 to 35 Vocal range top: A5 bottom C4
Julia Sullivan- Waitress. The pretty "girl next door" in looks and personality. Engaged to Glen but falls in love with Robbie and is conflicted as to who to choose. Empathetic, caring, and brave. Gender: Female Age: 25 to 35 Vocal range top: F5 bottom: G3
Holly- Julia's cousin, very uninhibited and forward with comedic timing. Sexually promiscuous and always up for a good time, but wants to be loved and is looking for romantic fulfillment in all the wrong places. She is in love with Sammy. Based on Madonna of the 80’s. Gender: Female Age: 25 to 35 Vocal range top: E5 bottom A3
Glen- Guglia Julia's fiancé. A Wall Street broker. He is rich, shallow, and materialistic. Constantly tries to buy Julia's love with money. He is a bit of a womanizer. Slimy Gender: Male Age: 30 to 50 Vocal range top: B5 bottom: D4
Rosie- Robbie's grandmother who raised him. Motherly but adventurous and always trying to remain "hip" despite her age. Comedic Timing. Can Rap. Gender: Female Age: 60 to 80 Vocal range top: C5 bottom: C4
Linda- Robbie's fiancé who leaves him at the altar. Keeps Robbie around as a back-up plan. Is more in love with the idea of Robbie being a rock star than she actually is with Robbie. Trashy, oversexed. Pat Benatar type. Gender: Female Age: 20 to 35 Vocal range top: D5 bottom: A3
Harold and Debbie Fonda‐ the first bride and groom in the show.
David Fonda‐ drunk brother of the groom at the first wedding; gives the worst speech ever.
Priest‐ Priest at Robbie and Linda’s wedding
Angie‐ Julia’s mom. Divorced and still bitter about it. Age: 45‐50. Good singer.
Crystal and Mookie‐ a stereotypical Jersey guy and girl. Mookie is very macho and Crystal loud and pushy. Crystal should be a good singer
Tiffany and Donnie‐ another couple who gets engaged at the restaurant. Tiffany should sound like Janice from “Friends”.
1st and 2nd Waiters ‐ Waiters at restaurant where Glenn proposes to Julia.
Donatella and Shane McDonnough‐ bride and groom at the second (disastrous) wedding. Donatella speaks in an obnoxious baby‐talk voice.
Donatella’s Mother‐ A very assertive woman.
Bad Haircut Guy, Sideburns Lady, Loser Guy, Large Lady‐ solo lines in “Casualty of Love”
Sales Clerk‐ works at the mall. Good singer.
Glen’s Secretary, Junior Secretary, Second Suit‐ work at Glen’s Wall Street office. Obsessed with making money.
Ricky‐ the bartender. Good singer.
Bum‐ hangs out at the bar. Good singer.
Agent‐ works at the airline counter
• Billy Idol
• Cyndi Lauper..good singer
• Mr. T
• Ronald Reagan
• Tina Turner….good singer
• Nancy Reagan
• Imelda Marcos
If you can perform any of the Impersonator roles, be prepared to do it at auditions. We’d love to see what you can do with these roles!
Wedding Singer Dance Troup Ensemble‐ plays wedding guests, suits, shoppers at the mall, dancers at the club, etc.
• We WILL be auditioning kids (approximately ages 7-13) for ensemble ONLY. These will be non-speaking roles. Parents please note- this production has adult content including mature language and sexual references. If you would not allow your child to watch the movie version, we DO NOT advise you to allow them to audition.
The Wedding Singer takes us back to a time when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up and a wedding singer might just be the coolest guy in the room. Based on the hit Adam Sandler movie, The Wedding Singer's sparkling new score does for the '80s what Hairspray did for the '60s. Just say yes to the most romantic musical in twenty years.
It's 1985, and rock star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey's favorite wedding singer. He's the life of the party until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and, unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.